Thursday, October 23, 2008

Taco Pizza

Because of my aversion to tomatoes, I only put them on half of the pizza! :)


I was craving taco pizza today so I went online and found a recipe and made it for dinner tonight. It was a hit...delicious! So, here's the recipe:


I used my own dough recipe:

CRUSTY PIZZA DOUGH
1 package active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. olive oil
2 1/2 - 3 cups all-purpose flour (I use 2 cups whole wheat, 1 cup all-purpose flour)
1 Tablespoon cornmeal


Dissolve yeast in very warm water in mixer bowl. Add salt, olive oil, and flour. Mix well. Knead . Place dough in a greased bowl, cover, and let rise for about 1 hour (until double in size). Punch down. Brush 14 inch pizza pan with oil and sprinkle with cornmeal. Roll dough out and press against bottom of pan forming a collar around edge to hold toppings.


TACO PIZZA
Base:
2/3 cup taco sauce
2/3 cup pizza sauce
1/4 cup re-fried beans
1 package taco meat seasoning
1 lb ground beef (I used fat free ground turkey)
1 - 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese (I used more than that!)


Topping (after baking):
shredded cheddar cheese
shredded lettuce
chopped tomato
sliced black olives
sliced green onion
sour cream (I did not use sour cream)


Brown beef in skillet. Drain. Mix in packet of taco seasoning and water as per the instructions on the packet. Mix taco sauce, pizza sauce, and re-fried beans together and spread on pizza dough. Put a layer of mozzarella cheese over sauce. Place taco meat over cheese and then another layer of mozzarella cheese over meat. Bake at 480 degrees for 11-15 minutes.


Once out of the oven, cut pizza and top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, gr. onion, olives, cheddar cheese, and sour cream.


I served it with all fruit smoothies...

Enjoy!

0 comments: