Sometimes, I get so busy and wrapped up in the things that I feel I have to get done that I don't enjoy the things that really matter. I have been following a blog of a stranger actually, who lost her little boy, at the age of one, in June. Today, when I went to her blog at http://dbkunz.blogspot.com/ I read this:
"Now that I am 3 months out I can see the changes in my life since Daxton's passing. I yell at my kids less, my house isn't always clean (but I have more time to do it) but it isn't number one, I don't run as many errands, and the day to day things are more precious to me. I have more compassion for those who are suffering from any trial or circumstance in their life. While I didn't consider myself less than compassionate, I now have a new understanding of grief, trials, growing, and increasing faith from life changing events or just the "average" trial in a person's life."
Although I have not met this family, I have learned many things from her. I am grateful for the reminder...as I am witnessing how quickly children grow and I want to look back and feel like I focused and put my energy into the things that are most important to me...
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Does it really matter?
Posted by Halli Matheny at 6:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
thanks for the reminder... i continually have to tell this to myself... to just relax and enjoy my kids. :)
I've been following the same blog. She's amazing and I have also learned much.
Post a Comment