My mom had placenta previa and spent two months on bedrest while pregnant with me. Since they lived 90 miles from the doctor/hospital, she had to live with her in-laws during that time. I was born one month early in Lander, Wyoming.


~Grandpa & Grandma Cline and Me~I have the BEST mom EVER!! When I was 5 years old she was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. She continued to take care of her family and taught me to always endure to the end. She is my hero and who I admire most in this world.
~My Mom & Me~I have two older brothers. Needless to say, I was a bit spoiled!
~John, Halli, & Chad~
When I was four years old, I would only wear one pair of underwear and my mom would wash them out by hand every night! (I told you she is the best mom ever!) Not to mention she made me special meals for years because I was so picky.
The famous nasty panties! (I was playing in the lake...)
When I was little I cheered at the basketball games with the cheerleaders (sometimes football games too).
My Grandma Cline made me a doll cake every year for my birthday.
My oldest friend is Anna Marie Smiley (now Roberts)...our parents still live across the street from eachother. She is one year younger than me and we've known eachother our entire lives...
~Halli, Anna Marie, Tally~
We were headed to swim lessons (no, I didn't forget to wear pants...that's my swim suit! I think it looks great with the socks! LOL)
I was extremely picky about the way things felt. For several years I would only wear dresses or skirts and wanted everything super tight. My mom used to say, "You're going to have stomach problems when you get older" because I wore everything so tight and would cinch my belts so tight they left bruises.
I was the flower girl at a wedding and refused to wear my church shoes...I wore snow boots! :)
I had braces for three years and had headgear and all that stuff (obviously I needed them). Don't you just love the bangs...I had really long hair until 7th grade when I got the worst hair cut ever!

I was very close to my Grandma Cline. I spent many Friday nights with her and we would always get Kentucky Fried Chicken for dinner! She passed away when I was 17 from Lymphoma. I wear her wedding ring on my right hand and every time I look at it, I smile. I miss her.
~Grandma Cline & Halli~
One of my favorite things to do is water ski although I haven't gotten to do it in years!


I graduated from high school in 1992.
~Stephanie, Jody, Halli, Robin, Jennifer~
I attended Ricks college in Idaho and then went on to BYU where I graduated with an elementary education degree. Taylor was 7 months old so I decided not to work but to stay home with her.
~My room mates...Cori, Robin, Halli, Jennifer, Teresa~
I got married when I was 20 years old to my best friend.
I've had two hernia surgeries...one when I was 12 years old and one 6 weeks after I delivered Taylor. My parents took us to Las Vegas when I was 6 months pregnant with Taylor and during that trip, my second hernia showed up...
~Halli, Dave, & Halli's Parents~
I had my first baby when I was 23 years old. I've always wanted to be a mom.
I love my family and friends and hope I have another GREAT 35 years!
9 comments:
Happy Birthday! This is the cutest post.Love it!
Hey Halli, Happy Birthday. I hope you had a fun one. I LOVE the pictures!!
Happy Birthday Halli! Ha-you are older than me and always will be!!!!!!!
happy birthday to you... all the birthdays in your family are super close! i loved reading about your "earlier" life! very informative! :)
you are a riot!... nasty panties and snow boots for weddings.;)
Happy Birthday!
I could tell we graduated high school around the same time because I think I had the exact same hair!
Oh I so wanted to write on October 1st! So I am a bit belated but what you to know I was thinking of you. I am so glad you had such a great day. I LOVED this post so much.
Loved the old photos, Halli! In the photo of you with the doll cake I can see a lot of Lauren, but in the next one (the swimsuit and socks, LOL) I see Carter. Bless your mom for putting up with all your quirks (she's a better woman than I!).
Hallie this is an awesome post! I love seeing all the pictures from your childhood. I like all the birhtday posts for your kids, too. The birth to present pics are a great idea. You were born to blog!
Halli! I loved looking at these pictures! Made me just want to hug you and squeeze you! I'm so thankful to have had you in my life all these years. (And how funny is that picture of us in college and Robin holding her hotdog? Aaahahahahaa!!!!)
Post a Comment