Wednesday, July 25, 2012

We've adopted twins!

Yep, it's true.  We've added two little girls to our family and the big girls couldn't be more thrilled!  (Carter's at Scout camp all week so he's in for a big surprise when he gets home!)

The kids found these darling kittens... 
 . . . and before I knew it, we were all in love.  

The girls were taking Maggie, our dog, on a walk and found them at a nearby school.  They brought them home to show me.  They looked super skinny so Lauren asked our neighbors for a little cat food.  They scarfed it down.  It was kinda sad.  After that, they would not leave.  For two days, they lived on our porch.  On Sunday night, I took them to the local animal shelter and "surrendered" them.  The kids were heartbroken.  Since then, they have begged and pleaded to adopt them.  After much thought on my part, I agreed.  We went and got them today so they are officially ours!  :) 

The girls have named them Kiara...

and Nala... 
Needless to say, the girls are over the moon with excitement . . . they said, "It feels like Christmas at our house!"

1 comments:

celia said...

So stinkin' cute!!! The girls have been telling us all about your new kittens. I love their names but I have to admit I thought Katniss and Primrose would have made great names, too!