Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Dave!

This Fabulous man......is 38 years old today!

I feel so lucky to have found him, married him, and spent the last 15 years with him by my side. There are so many things I love about him. Here are my "top 10"...
10. Dave takes great care of himself. He faithfully works out every day and watches what he eats. Therefore, he has a strong, healthy, good lookin' body!

9. He likes to try new things and has hobbies of his own. This year he started taking a martial arts class (Filipino knife fighting), got involved in competitive shooting, took Taylor hunting, and went zip lining, kayaking, and crossed a couple sky bridges with me!

8. He is very neat. Much neater than I am in fact. Shocking, I know! (that's a joke cuz' I'm kinda messy!) This post, click here, pretty much sums that up!

7. He is handy. He can do, fix, make, figure out ANYTHING! He is amazing. Look what he just did for me (it was my Christmas present from him)...He built me this awesome table in my laundry room with drawers and everything!!!
And, before Thanksgiving, he turned this closet...

Into *drum roll please* this...
He ripped out the carpet, laid tile, added 2 extra can lights, built shelves, cut an opening in the wall to access more storage space under the stairs, sheet rocked, and painted. This gave us tons more storage space (that is a big deal in Texas as the houses have very little storage space).
This... ...is where he cut into the wall and floored in more storage space under the stairs. We were able to get 24 buckets and several cases of #10 cans in this space allowing us to move all the food (pictured below) we had in our guest bedroom closest downstairs!
I told you he was amazing!

6. He supports me in everything I do and is proud of my accomplishments.
Dave, Laurie, & I after finishing a 25 mile bike ride. Dave met us at the finish line, camera in hand!

Crossing the finish line at my first Triathlon... I never could have done this without his support. He picked up the slack while I was training, encouraged me, played "Mr. Mom" so I could participate, and got up at the crack of dawn to bring the kids to cheer me on.


5. He is a hard worker and has an outstanding work ethic. He is great at what he does and has always been a good provider not to mention extremely smart. Because he works so hard, I am able to be a stay at home mom which is all I've ever wanted to be! I am so thankful for that.

4. He is a worthy member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is a good man.

3. He makes me laugh everyday.... He is witty, eccentric, and has a great sense of humor!Although, sometimes a little embarrassing! :)

2. He is a the best Father. He is Patient,goofy, fun, and kind. Not to mention, he gets up every morning and makes the kids a hot breakfast.

1. He is the love of my life and a fabulous husband!Cheers to you babe.Happy Birthday!!! We love you!

2 comments:

Tonia said...

That was so sweet..........Happy Birthday Dave!

celia said...

Check out all that food storage... guess whose storage closet I'm going to raid if times get tough, LOL. But seriously, we need to do something like that with OUR closet. Oh, and we think Dave is pretty cool, too. ;-)