Sunday, January 17, 2010

Training...week 1

Laurie & Halli
Danskin June 2009
My good friend, Laurie, talked me into doing a half marathon (13.1 miles) with her the first weekend in March. (Is she a good friend if this kills me?) So, we have started training. We've been getting up at 5:30 a.m. and running before we get the kids up and off to school. If you know me very well, you know that #1 I'm not a morning person and #2 I really do not enjoy running nor is it a strong point for me. Not to mention, Laurie is a strong runner and it's kickin' my butt to try to keep up with her! I plan to blog our training sessions each week to help keep myself motivated and to remember all the hard work. If you have any suggestions/pointers (Tonia, I'm talking to you!!!) please share! I need all the help and support I can get! :) We only have 8 weeks total to train...Ahhhh! Here's what we did last week...
Week 1
Monday: 3 mile run; step class at the gym
Tuesday: weights
Wednesday: 4 mile run; cycled 13 miles
Thursday: weights
Friday: 3 mile run
Saturday: 6 mile run
What have I gotten myself into?

2 comments:

Tonia said...

Fabulous Halli! No pointers from me.........I've never done a half! :) Only 5k's and Ragnar. I'll have to get pointers from you when you're done. Good luck!

Julie said...

Wow Halli, that's great! Running and step class the same day? You are a busy woman! You will have no problem with the half!