So, I hurt...when I run. My hip hurts all the time. A few years ago, my hip hurt so bad from running, I went to the doctor and he said I needed to stop running. So, I did and it SLOWLY got better...like 6 months later. Last year, I started training for my first duathlon. I started running again. I was fine. Then I did my first triathlon. All was well. But when I started doing this, my hip started bothering me again. Maybe I'm running too much, trying to build too fast, or maybe I'm just getting old...I don't know. All I know is that I hurt. We've cut way back on our training which helped my shin splints (and Laurie's knee) but my hip seems to be getting worse. So, for now, I am not seeing a half marathon on the horizon. Although I do see another duathlon, triathlon, and maybe a 10k on the horizon. We are still running 3 miles, at the crack of dawn, 3 days/week in addition to our other workouts (step class, cycling, and weight training). I'm just thinking that I need to cut out the long runs...at least for now. Does that make me a quitter...cuz' I'm kinda feeling like one? :(Sunday, January 31, 2010
Am I a quitter?
So, I hurt...when I run. My hip hurts all the time. A few years ago, my hip hurt so bad from running, I went to the doctor and he said I needed to stop running. So, I did and it SLOWLY got better...like 6 months later. Last year, I started training for my first duathlon. I started running again. I was fine. Then I did my first triathlon. All was well. But when I started doing this, my hip started bothering me again. Maybe I'm running too much, trying to build too fast, or maybe I'm just getting old...I don't know. All I know is that I hurt. We've cut way back on our training which helped my shin splints (and Laurie's knee) but my hip seems to be getting worse. So, for now, I am not seeing a half marathon on the horizon. Although I do see another duathlon, triathlon, and maybe a 10k on the horizon. We are still running 3 miles, at the crack of dawn, 3 days/week in addition to our other workouts (step class, cycling, and weight training). I'm just thinking that I need to cut out the long runs...at least for now. Does that make me a quitter...cuz' I'm kinda feeling like one? :(Posted by Halli Matheny at 9:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You aren't a quitter! You do so many other things - triathlons, etc., you wouldn't want to get an injury that prevented you from doing any of those!
No you are not a quitter........just smart. People that have to take handfuls of naproxen to run are clearly not listening to their bodies. If you want your body to serve you well later in life.....you absolutely must listen to what it is telling you now. I've never done a duathlon or triathlon, so I still think you rock!
Post a Comment