Sunday, August 23, 2009

Skagway...August 11, 2009

We were in Skagway, Alaska from 6:00 a.m.-8:30 p.m. We went Kayaking! It was the first time either of us had been and we'd definitely go again. We saw a black bear... ducks...

a Bald Eagle...

and beautiful scenery...

It was cold (high of 57 degrees Fahrenheit) so it was a bit of a shocker coming from Texas where it's been hot (100 degrees Fahrenheit). We both had three coats/jackets on in this picture!

That night we watched the Golden Princess Dancers perform and went to a comedy show on the ship.

Next up...one of the most beautiful places on earth!

2 comments:

Selene said...

Apparently, Alaska is the place to be in August when you are from Texas. I wish I was there. It's too hot here!
The scenery is so beautiful. I hope you guys have a great time.

The Goodman's of Missouri said...

Never thought I would want to go to Alaska but after seeing your pictures I WANT TO GO!!!!! Looks like you had a great time and pictures of you truly came out gorgeous.