Thursday, August 20, 2009

At Sea...August 8-9, 2009

We left Dave's parents house early Saturday morning (6:00 a.m.) to catch our train to Seattle, Washington. We arrived in Seattle around noon, got a taxi to the port, and got in line to board the ship...
Once on board, we enjoyed a delicious buffet lunch and got ready to set sail. The ship left port at 4:00 p.m. We sailed through the night, all day Sunday and arrived in Juneau Monday at noon. I was a little sea sick Sunday morning but didn't have any problems after that. This is a video of the swimming pool on board that first day. They had it roped off and only half full. The water was mimicking the waves in the ocean...


We spent our first days at sea getting acquainted with the ship...


Our Room...

...working out (they had a great gym), relaxing...


reading...
...and even doing a little of this (napping)...
Did I mention I got a Swedish massage too? It was by far one of the best I've ever had! :) Sunday evening was the first of two formal nights. So we got all dressed up for dinner...and finished the evening watching The Golden Princess Dancers perform. It was a great show!
Come back tomorrow to hear all about Juneau!

1 comments:

Tonia said...

Can't wait to see more of your Alaskan adventure!