Saturday, May 23, 2009

Running on Empty...

As the end of the school year approaches, things tend to get really busy (as those with kids know). To add to it all, I am in "training" for a triathlon which I am doing in two weeks. It's amazing how much time that takes! :) Anyhow, last Thursday, I was driving home from the gym and ran out of gas! I knew I needed gas, but thought I'd get it later when I had more time. That's never happened to me before...I realized what was happening and believe it or not was only 100 or so feet from a gas station, so I coasted in and almost made it to the pump. I proceeded to push the van (in flip flops and a swimming suit, mind you) so the nozzle would reach my car. Relieved that I'd made it to the pump, I got into my purse, and realized I had left my wallet at home...I didn't have any money! I ended up calling Dave who was able to "rescue" me! :) Kinda sums up my week...running on empty and Dave coming to the rescue by picking up all the slack! He's a keeper! :)

0 comments: