Dave's Grandma Stanley passed away today. She always reminded me of my Grandma Cline. We are very sad. Here is what Dave's Dad had to say about her...
"She was sensible, dedicated, considerate, and ready to help. Ready to serve without complaint. She was a good woman who was always ready to live with the consequences, good or bad, of life's tricks. She didn't place blame, but looked for reasons. Somewhere in my stuff I still have a little note torn from a steno pad that says "Please excuse Dan. He was sick. Lucile Matheny". I carried it for years as a testament to me that she trusted me. Even though I was her step son, she treated me as one of her own, and my children and grandchildren as her own."
Well said Dan. We will miss her.
These pictures were taken last August while we were in Oregon visiting. We are so thankful for that special time with her...



~Jade, Grandma, & Lauren~
0 comments:
Post a Comment