During the first Shamu show (called Believe) Lisa and I sat in the "safe" zone (a.k.a. non-splash zone). The kids wanted to get soaked, so they sat right down in front. I have to say, it was pretty funny to watch the whales pummel the audience with water using their tales. We went back to see another show that evening (Shamu Rocks Texas). Lisa wanted to sit in the splash zone with the kids. So, I agreed thinking that since it was the last show of the night, they probably wouldn't splash as much. Boy was I wrong. Keep in mind that the water the whales throw at you is 52 degrees...basically it feels like ice water and it is like a tidal wave coming at you. We managed to stay relatively dry (because we used our towels as a barrier) until the show was over, or so we thought. We stood up to pack up all our stuff when I see three whales headed our way. All I could do was turn around as to not take the tidal wave in the face.
The kids took it right in the face...
Lisa's little boy Bret started crying (a part of me wanted to cry too!) Poor little fella...
It took us about 10 minutes to get him calmed down. It was a bit sad but you couldn't help but chuckle. I think it was too much for an exhausted kiddo!
We bought the "two days for the price of one" tickets so we get to go back next week!
0 comments:
Post a Comment