Friday, June 27, 2008

Quick trip to Dallas

Yesterday we left Austin at 1:30 pm and headed to Dallas to see Dave's brother Andy. He is there for a conference and leaves today. It took us 3 hours to get from our house to his hotel. We picked him up and went to dinner at the Iron Cactus (pretty good if you're ever in downtown Dallas). Then we headed to his hotel and hung out and visited until about 8:30 pm. His hotel served free cookies and milk in the lobby so the kids really enjoyed that. We got home around 11:30 pm. So, it was a long day but we really enjoyed seeing him. He lives in Portland, OR with his wife and 4 kids. The only thing that would have been better is to get to see his family too! :) I wish we could have stayed the night but Taylor has been in a Math Camp this week and it is from 8:00 am to 12:30 pm every day so we had to make it a day trip instead! I forgot to bring my camera so I didn't get any pictures but here's one of Andy and his family...

1 comments:

Tonia said...

I can totally tell they are brothers!