Thursday, May 10, 2012

Dogs, Art, & Driving

Last Saturday, Lauren & I headed to Austin Dog Alliance so she could help train their therapy dogs.  It is a wonderful non-profit organization that offers pet therapy, summer camps, dog training classes, dog rescue, & adoption.  In fact, we got our dog from Austin Dog Alliance and the CEO is a good friend of ours.  So, Lauren was thrilled when there was an opportunity to help out.  Lauren's favorite part was reading to the dogs . . . 

. . . and loving on the dogs!

 Afterwards, we headed to the school Art Show.  It showcased art from kinder through 12 grades and all three of our kids had pieces in the show! 



Have I mentioned that Taylor recently got her learners permit and Dave & I have been teaching her how to drive?  She has improved a lot but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't frightening at times.  While we were at the Art Show, we saw this masterpiece (which totally depicts that experience for us) . . . 
Yep, that pretty much sums it up!  We can totally relate.  ;)

1 comments:

Tonia said...

"reading to the dogs" now that's something I have never heard of. Awesome! Love all the art!!!