Sunday, January 25, 2009

Frost Yer Fanny Duathlon

This weekend I did my very first EVER race... and I finished! I did the Frost Yer Fanny Duathlon Sprint with 3 of my friends. It was a 2 mile run, 11 mile bike, and another 2 mile run (so a total run of 4 miles). I am NOT a runner so this was a big accomplishment for me. Did I mention that I really don't like to run? AND it was pretty cold for Texas...38 degrees outside.
Michelle, Halli, Laurie, & Heather

Halli & Laurie

Warming up in the car before the race...

Halli, Michelle, Heather, and Laurie


Let the games begin...Laurie and I at the beginning of the race...


TORTURE! :)

Halli.................Laurie

Biking... (I Like this part!)


Back to the run...I'm only smiling because I was almost finished!!!!


Taylor and Lauren ran across the finish line with me...


Immediately after the race...WHEW!

Laurie, Halli, & Taylor

Taylor, Halli, & Lauren

I did it! It was actually alot of fun.

7 comments:

Tonia said...

That's awesome! You need to start doing triathalon's. You're already a great swimmer and now that you have the run and bike down you'd be great!!!! Congratulations!

Monson Family said...

Yeah Halli!!! I have always wanted to do something like this! I had never heard of the duathalon and I like it because I am not a swimmer (not a runner but even more so, not a swimmer!). I am proud of you! Great job!!

stevet said...

go halli! you're awesome!

Jen said...

Good Job Halli!!! It is always a great feeling after you accomplish something like that!

celia said...

You are my HERO Halli! You go, girl!!

Liz Horton said...

You are amazing!! There is nothing you can't do. I am actually so jealous I wasn't there to do it with you. Congratulations!

Selene said...

Awesome! I am so impressed. Especially in the cold!