First day of school is one of my favorite days of the year! WOO-HOO. Yes, I did the happy dance. :)

Taylor started middle school today (which starts one hour later than elementary). I was a bit teary eyed but I got over it rather quickly! :) She was sick yesterday with a 102 fever so we weren't sure if she was going to be able to go today but woke up fever free. I walked her to the classroom where she was assigned to get her schedule etc. There sat rows of kids with that "deer in headlights" look. And the room was super quiet...not a peep. I said to the teacher, "I bet this is your quietest day!" She was very nervous. I had to go back because I forgot to put money on her lunch account and happened to run into her. She was still pretty quiet but excited because her best friend, Samantha, was in her math class. So, hopefully she has a good first day of middle school!
Rachel & Taylor...they've been friends since kindergarten.
3 comments:
Yeah! I'm so happy for you, but a tad jealous. All of yours are in school! You sucker!
Yeah. I'm pretty much celebrating too. It will be better this next week. Are you crossing again this year?! I miss you! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever!
The freedom dance happens in St. Louis too!!! I was wondering, is it a rule in Cedar Park that all Matheny children have to wear brown the first day of school?
Post a Comment