So, I feel like the worst mom ever! On Monday, Carter and Lauren had little performances in their music classes at school. Carter's was at 10:45 am and Lauren's was at 2:00 pm. Both kids called to remind me in the morning and I reassured them that I would be there. Well, I went to Carter's, came home, and finished my stuff I needed to get done. Then Dave asked if I could go with him to Home Depot. He needed my help getting some sheet rock into the van (it's now 1:00 pm). I said, "Sure, I just have to be back by 2:30pm." Totally forgot that no, I needed to be back before 2:00 for Lauren's music thing. I don't know where my brain is these days! I remembered at 2:25 that I was supposed to be at the school. I felt horrible. Lauren said she was a little sad and kept looking for me. A friend of mine that was there said Lauren came up to her after they were done singing and said, "My mom said she was going to come, but I don't think she did." That broke my heart when I heard that. When I was at Carter's performance I noticed that the kids whose parents weren't there were starting to get worried and were asking the teacher to call their mom's. I leaned over to a friend and said, "I feel so sorry for the kids whose parents can't make it." What an IDIOT I am! Hello! When she got home, she sang all of her songs for us but it's just not the same as actually being there. I still feel really bad about it today. Here's a little video of one of her songs (sung to us at home...I love the hula hoop part!):
Here's one of the songs Carter sang...his I made it to! Notice that Carter doesn't do any of the actions like the other kids. I guess he's too cool!
3 comments:
How cool am I?? I get to be the first comment on your blog!!
Ouch...I hate it when I forget my kids things. But I think there are too many of us who have done it before for you to get the award.
I think its the same award you get when you don't actually think they're sick enough to merit a doctor appointment and then when you finally give in and go you find out they have double ear infections. Yes, I recieved that award before. You're not the only one babe! So happy you've joined the blogosphere. Come check mine out at
www.bamroberts.blogspot.com
Much love,
Anna Marie
welcome to the blogging world! i'll fight you for that same award... i already told you the fun story!... i still feel bad and it's been 6 months! :)
Post a Comment