Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Big Four - Oh!

On October 1st, I turned 40 years old!!!!  Thanks to these lovely ladies . . .
~ Julie, Denise, & Laurie ~

I woke up to this . . .
Lauren said, "Look, someone decorated our house for Halloween!" 
 
 I have to say, driving my van around made me feel really stupid.  Everyone kept honking, waving, etc.  But, the kids thought it was the best thing ever!
 I think they're just jealous cuz' I'm still so much younger than them!  :)  I can't wait until they're 50!  Watch out girls.  The fun has just begun! ;)  Seriously, I have the best friends. Ever.  And I am so thankful for them.  They made me feel so special . . . and loved.
 
My bestie, Laurie, brought me over this incredible basket complete with 40 of my favorite things . . . 
 I love it!  Thank you Laurie.  And she took me to lunch.   I think she was trying to make up for vandalizing my yard like that & causing me to miss my class at the gym due to the surprise she left in my van that took me forever to dispose of!  :)  
 
That evening, Dave & the kids took me to dinner at County Line on the Lake (my favorite!)   Afterwards, we came home to open presents . . .
 Carter got me a gift card to Shakes.  Yum!  He did this completely on his own.  He rode his bike to Shakes and bought me a gift card with his own money.  He's such a sweet boy.
 
And, of course there was cake . . .
 It was a fabulous day!

0 comments: