Last weekend, my friend Laurie & I . . .
did the Spa Girl Triathlon! It was so much fun! It was at the J.W. Mariott Resort & Spa in San Antonio. We took our families and stayed Friday & Saturday nights. The race was Saturday morning. Laurie & I got up super early (5:00 a.m.) and headed down to get our "body markings". . .
(race numbers)
(our ages)
& fuel our bodies . . .
The race didn't start until 7:00 a.m. but the transition area closed at 6:30 a.m. so you had to have all your stuff ready to go . . .
We lucked out as it had rained the previous two days and most of Friday night. We were worried we were going to have crappy weather but it turned out to be perfect.
Our next door neighbor, Mo (she lives right in between Laurie & I) was there too! We didn't even know she had signed up & was doing it too!
~ Halli, Mo, & Laurie ~
The thing that made this triathlon so much better than previous tri's I've done is that we did not have to swim in the lake! Instead, we swam (400 meters) in the lazy river at the resort . . .
It was so much better!
then we biked 10 miles . . .
(Isn't this picture hilarious?!)
And ran 2 miles . . .
Last year, 300 women participated in the race. This year, there were 900 women. We loved it and plan to do it next year too!
Laurie's husband, Gary, was the designated photographer (thanks Gary!) while Dave & the kids all slept in. This is what they were doing when I got back to the room . . .
We spent the rest of the weekend chillin' with our families!
~ Katelyn & Lauren ~
It was a fabulous weekend with fabulous friends!






















2 comments:
Well done, ladies! My schedule is changing next week, allowing me time to train, so I'm finally going to start triathlon-ing, too! -Lisa Rutledge
That is so cool Halli- I love that you got to swim in the lazy river- awesome!
Post a Comment