Thursday, December 29, 2011

Taylor's Mexico Trip

Taylor got invited to go to Mexico City with her friend Emily & her family over the break.  They left on Saturday, December 17th & Taylor flew home on Saturday, December 24th.  She had a fabulous time.  She said she wished she could have stayed longer! 
They went to see the Teotihuacan Pyramids & Shrines. . .

& ate a lot of "different" food. . .

She got her hair & make-up done by a professional stylist. . .

  for Emily's Quinceanera. . .   
~ Emily & Taylor ~

We are glad she got to go & thankful that Emily's family took great care of her.  I would be lying if I said it wasn't hard for me.  I was nervous to let her go to another country without us but knew she was in good hands.

The  Quinceanera  was the last night before Taylor headed home.   They were up super late & Taylor had to be at the airport by 7:00 a.m. the next day.  Evidently, Taylor only got 30 minutes of sleep.  She slept on the plane as well but when we picked her up at 2:00 p.m. on Christmas Eve, she felt pretty bad.  She came home & went to bed.  She slept through our Christmas Eve festivities which was a bummer.  We had to wake her up Christmas morning.  She was sick for several days with a stomach bug.  I guess it's pretty common after you go to Mexico.  But, she said it was worth it!  :)

0 comments: