Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Danskin Triathlon

Last weekend I did my second triathlon.  I had done this same triathlon two years ago and my time to complete it was 1 hour 54 minutes.  This year, I did it in 1 hour 42 minutes.  So, I was happy.  We...
~Shannon, Holly, Becky, & Halli~

...got up at 4:30 a.m. to get ready to go.  The race started at 7:00 a.m. Dave got the kids up at 5:30 a.m. to be there by seven so we were all a bit tired!  :)

Before the race...
~Shannon & Halli~
~Shannon, Holly, Becky, & Halli~
Let the games begin!

Swimming...1/2 mile in a lake. 

biking...12 miles and very hilly!

and  running...5K (3.1 miles) trail run.  (Definitely the hardest part for me!)

Finally finishing!  My kids ran across the finish line with me just like last time! :)

Our medals...
~Shannon & Halli~

Whew!  I'm glad I did it but I'm also glad it's over!  :)

0 comments: