Monday, May 2, 2011

Time Out for Women

On Friday afternoon, we...
~Janet, Halli, Kim, Patti, & Sherri~

...headed to San Antonio to attend Time Out for Women!  The theme this year is "Choose to Become."  It was awesome.  We got home Saturday evening.  I felt like a new person.  I want to become a better, more generous person.  I want to complain less, judge less, and love more.  Some of my favorite quotes were:

"When we are in over our heads, that's when we depend on our Savior the most."  -Jericho Road

Emily Watts: 
"If you want to be happy as a woman, develop a thick skin."

"The problem with judging other people is that we don't have all the facts."

"Expect hard things of your children.  They will whine, but remember that the road to greatness is paved with whining."

"When you do something really hard, you feel good about yourself."

My favorite speaker, Kris Belcher, lost her vision and her eyes 7 years ago due to cancer.  She went through a very dark period of time, as you can imagine.  She said that people would say, "God only gives us what we can handle so you must be very strong."  She said they were wrong...if that were true, we would not need a Savior.  Heavenly Father does give us things we can not handle at times.  But, with the help of our Savior, we can handle them.  I had never thought of it like that before. She really put so many things into perspective for me.

It was just what I needed.  Thanks ladies...I loved every minute and I loved getting to know all of you a little bit better!

0 comments: