Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thanksgiving Break

This post is way past due, but we've been busy so I'm kinda behind. The kids and Dave had the whole week of Thanksgiving off so we decided to use that time to replace all of the baseboards downstairs with new, taller baseboards. How hard could it be, right? It turned out to be a HUGE job and took us a couple of weeks to finish...we didn't finish until last weekend! First we had to remove the old baseboards... Getting them off without breaking the tile was a giant pain!

Then, we painted the new baseboards, cut them to fit, nailed them to the wall, filled all the nail holes, repainted over nail holes (twice), and caulked. It was A LOT of work...
The next pictures shows the new baseboards on the left and the old on the right. Can you tell a difference? You better say, "Yes!" :) After we finished the baseboards we had new carpet put in downstairs...

I think it was worth it now, but we still have to do the upstairs which I'm kinda dreading. I love how crisp and clean the new baseboards look though...Don't you?

We worked the entire week besides Thanksgiving day (can you believe I forgot to take pictures?) We had friends and family over which was very fun. One evening, we did manage to take Carter & Lauren to a Texas Stars Hockey game (Taylor opted to hang with a friend) which was fun....

Now we are frantically trying to get ready for Christmas!

1 comments:

Tonia said...

Your house looks awesome and Yes the bigger baseboard looks a lot better. Good job!