So, last night Dave and I were just drifting off to sleep (around midnight) when we hear a faint cry...then our house alarm going off. Lauren was sleep walking and left the house via the front door. I jumped out of bed and ran outside (in my underwear mind you) to grab her. She was in our driveway and completely disoriented. I asked her what she was doing and she couldn't answer as she was still sleeping. I took her back to her bed and tucked her in. She was up several more times but didn't leave the house again. She has no recollection this morning. I am so thankful we have an alarm! Last summer Lauren did the same thing...you can read about it here. I think being over tired triggers these instances. Early to bed tonight for our sweetie!
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Holy Smokes! Good thing you have that alarm. How do you go back to sleep after that?
That crazy girl! At least you knew where to look this time.
When I was young, we were living in a quiet community where no one locked their doors, even at night. My 8 year old sister sleep-walked one night out our front door, over the irrigation ditch, and into our neighbor's house. The neighbor's dad found her crying in her friend's room because her friend wouldn't move over and make a space in her bed for my sister to climb in!
One other time, she sleep-walked into our food storage room that had a faulty door -- you could open it from the outside but not from the inside -- and got herself stuck. Apparently one of her brothers heard her crying and banging on the door (she had awakened by then), and he came to investigate. He sleepily opened the door, asked what was wrong, and then promptly closed the door and went back to bed. He must have been sleep walking as well, because he didn't remember a thing.
My dad said one of his brothers that he shared a double bed with was a sleep walker, and it wasn't uncommon to open his eyes and see his bed covers being pulled out his bedroom door and up the stairs.
I wonder -- does it run in families? I once woke up stuck in my bedroom closet, fighting claustrophobia, and not realizing how I had gotten there!
That's scary! What a way to be woken up! I loved your story about Lauren sleeping through the night! I have felt that way before too! Ha Ha!!
Oh my goodness! That's so scary.......
Post a Comment