Thursday, April 23, 2009

Taylor's Quest Project

For the last couple of months, Taylor has been researching Pit Bulls and putting together her Independent Study Project for school. Today was her presentation and she did a fabulous job....and I'm not just saying that cuz' I'm her mom! You should have heard the kids and teacher rave about her after she was finished. I would post the video of her presentation but it's like 25 minutes long. You're welcome! :) This last week she has worked constantly on it even pulling a couple "midnighters" (I don't know if that's even a word).

The Question: Should Pit Bulls be banned?
The Conclusion: No, but they should be strictly regulated and those desiring to own/breed pit bulls should be required to go through an extensive training process and obtain a license before they are allowed to own this breed.
Good Job Taylor...we are so PROUD!

P.S. Did you notice her t-shirt? She made it! (Using fabric markers, she drew a pit bull that was 1/2 good and 1/2 evil)

5 comments:

Selene said...

Good job Taylor! And congratulations that it is all finished. Heidi's is due next Friday, so we have a busy week ahead.

Janet said...

that's awesome taylor! congrats. bet you're glad that's over (both of you!) :)

Tonia said...

Your display looks so good..I love the "Can you find the Pitbull side?" What a great idea! I also love, love, love your shirt! Good job Taylor!

celia said...

I'm so impressed with Taylor's project! Somehow she manages to do something related to her passion for animals every year, doesn't she? I need to show this to Courtney. Maybe somehow she'll get a little more motivated to finish her own project which is due to be presented in just 5 short days (yikes!).

Nancy said...

Great job Taylor!! Glad we could be in Texas and see some of the initial work you did. The shirt really came out great. Fyi- We got a dog too on Thursday...NOT a pitbull :0)