Today, after school, Carter & I were working on a project he is doing for school. He is researching the city of Lubbock, TX. He has to find out things like how it originated, climate, popular sites, where it is in relation to Austin, population, local restaurants etc. Then they are supposed to create a "model" of their city in a shoe box. They are calling it "Texas in a box". They have to decorate the outside of the shoebox to fit the characteristics of their city. Then collect or make objects to represent each category of information that was researched. So, I was helping him do his research on the computer when he turned to me and said, "I'm learning right now!" He was so pleased with himself and I couldn't help but chuckle because it was so cute. I'm so glad he's a part of our family.
This was taken last May at a special "Mother's Day Tea" at his school.
* Update on his eye...it is an infection, not a allergic reaction and the medicine is starting to help. It looks much better today.
2 comments:
Could you two look anymore alike????
oh yeah. lunch bunch this friday huh? I think I might just come.
Post a Comment